My initial reaction to this article was that I was torn on the issue. On one hand, I was shocked at how much spending they were using on technology compared with how many teaching positions were being cut. I was questioning whether now is really the time to have such an increase in spending when so many people are losing their jobs. I thought there has to be a way to cut cost on technology and save jobs.
On the other hand, I did understand the need for the use of technology in this classroom. The world is becoming more and more technologically advanced every day. It is imperative that students know how to use this technology to be successful post school-age years. We don't what children to leave school and be unprepared for the real world.
If I were the superintendent, I would find a half-way point. I feel like this budget isn't balanced. Inevitably, jobs will be cut because of the economy. But at this point in time I do not think it is completely necessary for every elementary schooler to have a computer at his or her desk. I would add more computers to the classroom, but I wouldn't provide one for every kid. This would save jobs, but increase technology in the classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment